Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Calendar Time!!!

So what has worked best out of all I've tried doing with my boys in these first weeks of Pre-K homeschool is calendar time.  They LOVE it, and I know I'm teaching them basic skills they need.  We do calendar time first thing every day.  So here it is, our calendar wall!

Photobucket

My husband is very handy and we are planning to homeschool for the long run, so I'm not afraid of putting holes into or sticking velcro to the walls.  If you do shy away from those things however, you could always use a bulletin board, or poster board.  I used a combination of velcro dots, push pins, and hooks.  I downloaded printables, got ideas from, and used resources from several different places for this wall, so I'm going to share one source per day.

My main inspiration for our calendar was the Confessions Of A Homeschooler blog.  You can find her awesome printables here.

Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The weather is my boys' favorite part of calendar time.  They just love to look out the window and look for rain.  We've recently included praying for rain while we check the weather.  For those of you who don't live in Texas we're in the middle of a big drought and there have been large wildfires that have left many Texans without homes.  Please join us in praying for rain.

Photobucket

This last picture is not of a printable available at Confessions Of A Homeschooler, although it is a resource of hers.  She has a list of Alphabet Bible verses.  I used that list to make these flashcard style cards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment